You deserve to be heard without being dismissed because of your delivery or tone of voice
If you experience the types of thoughts and self talk listed below then anger management counseling might be for you.
Self talk is a powerful indicator of how things will turn out. Ask yourself if any of these thoughts below are part of your internal dialogue?
- “well, if she/he didn’t make me upset then I wouldn’t get angry”……….
- ~ If I just agree with her than we won’t argue and get caught up in details….. after all, if I mention anything it usually turns into a big fight”……..
- ~ If I just allow her to spend more money, she’ll be happy, yeah…..another credit card will help”………
- ~ “I’ll keep a low profile at home and stay at work longer, maybe go out after work to drink with coworkers”…………..
- ~ “I’ll talk to my co worker about my relationship problems, she’ll understand”
- ~ “Why doesn’t my partner know how overwhelmed I am?”
- ~ “What do I have to do around here to get acknowledged for the things I do?”
- ~ “Really…. if she would just stop nagging me, things would be fine, she’s the problem”….
- ~ “What’s the big deal, I just had a few drinks too many, just because my partner doesn’t drink why does she/he have to put that on me?”
If you are having these types of thoughts, you may think you are not angry at all. However, these common thoughts can be part and parcel of underlying anger. Most people will limp along until things hit the proverbial fan, so to speak. This is a common approach and can work for a long time, months even years.
What’s that famous quote? : the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result.
If this is your typical response to chronic problems, let’s talk about how we can help.
The most likely consequence of doing nothing about your situation? Eventually your anger can seep into your life without realizing it until it guides every aspect of your decision making and relationships with important people at work and home. It can also be a symptom of anxiety or depression which can lead to low self confidence.
Anger Management Counseling can turn things around in your relationships by starting with you. Identifying your triggers and what to do with them is a key ingredient. We work alongside you to build the skills you need to be an effective communicator.
So if you are ready to re-think your strategy for dealing with anger and adopt more successful, healthy ways of doing things, call now to set an appointment for our short term solution focused counseling.
While we make no promises of how you will handle your anger after we work together, we do feel very confident that you will walk away from our time together (usually 6-12 meetings) feeling more positive, in control and empowered to manage your emotions, including anger.
Some of the logical consequences of learning about your anger and the underlying feelings? The outcomes are mostly positive and can lead to increased overall wellness and a happier life.
- You will learn to have more calm, meaningful conversations with a partner or co-worker
- You will be skilled at standing up for yourself while respecting those around you.
- You will understand the importance of self compassion
- You will be more adept at listening to others with out solving their problems
- You will no longer suffer in silence wishing someone could understand how you feel
- You will feel more confident in your ability to articulate feelings and other’s behaviors which upset you.