Paying for Services
We understand paying for counseling can feel burdensome and confusing, and because of this seeking help is often put on the back burner. We are here to help. We want to see you become more calm and focused on what is important to you—we want to be your guide to a healthier way of living.
We are happy to walk you through your options for paying for our services, and answer any questions you may have.
How Much will it Cost?
Each session generally lasts for 50 minutes, at a cost of $150/visit.
Insurance coverage can be confusing! If you are not sure if you have coverage, please call the number on the back of your insurance card. Currently I am contracted with the following insurance companies to provide individual, couples and family therapy:
- United Behavioral Health (UBH)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Harvard Pilgrim Heath Care (HPHC)
- MBHP (Mass Behavioral Health Partnership)/PCC
For phone coaching please click here for individual packages.
There is also a 3 session couples package for those wanting to simply talk about their options, staying or going. This is not considered “therapy” but is rather a brainstorming session for couples to talk through what option might be best for your situation. Click here to learn more about this!
Many of our clients see us on a short-term basis, generally 3-9 sessions.
How Do I Pay for Sessions?
We offer three basic ways to pay for sessions:
- Paying out of pocket — We accept personal checks, credit cards, Health Savings Account cards, and cash at the time of the visit. We will provide you with a “superbill” at the conclusion of each session, which may be submitted directly to your insurance company for partial or full reimbursement depending on your plan.
Fortunately, tax laws have led to new programs (such as Health Savings Accounts or other pre-tax spending medical accounts that may help you pay for your therapy, even if you pay out of pocket. You can also deduct the cost of therapy from your taxes if you itemize since it is a medical expense. Ask your accountant or Benefits Administrator for assistance.
- In-Network Insurance reimbursement—Currently only one of our therapists takes insurance. The insurances accepted are: Blue Cross Blue Shield and MBHP/PCC. Harvard Pilgrim and United Behavioural health. Depending on your plan, you may owe a copay or a contracted rate paid towards your plan’s deductible. Please call the number on the back of your insurance card to learn more.
- 3. Out-of-Network insurance reimbursement—Most insurance companies will allow patients to choose an out-of-network provider. The typical reimbursement ranges between 20% and 60% of the session cost. Please contact your insurance provider to ask about their policy. The “superbill” provided at the end of each session will contain all necessary information to submit the claim to insurance.
A note about paying with insurance:
If you use insurance, your confidentiality and privacy cannot be guaranteed. For example, all psychotherapists are required to submit a mental health diagnosis upon meeting with a client. These session records become part of your permanent medical record. In some cases, these records can be requested by companies if you are applying for life and medical insurances, among other things.
We understand things come up, but we also have a wait list of clients who could benefit from your time slot if you are unable to make your session. If you are unable to attend a session, please make sure you cancel at least 24 hours before. Otherwise, you may be charged for the full rate of the session. Insurance does not cover a missed or late cancelled session.
Please feel free to contact us using the form to the right, or by phone at 978-241-7881. We would love to hear from you and help you get started on the journey to a more fulfilled, happier life.