How Much will it Cost?
Imagine if after 3-6 meetings that you feel more calm, focused, and are moving forward on things important to you. Being heard and supported as well as feeling empowered can lead to a healthier way of living. As you consider whether therapy may benefit you, figuring out how to pay for your sessions is important. Currently we are moving away from taking insurance. Please read more about “why we don’t take insurance”. Below are the various ways you can pay for your therapy. If it all sounds confusing, just give our office a call and we will answer any questions you may have.
In general, after each session, you are provided with a “superbill”. This has all the necessary information for you to submit to your insurance company for reimbursement. Payment for service is expected at time of visit.
There are three basic ways to pay for your sessions with Mental Wellness Associates
1. Paying out of pocket for your sessions ~ Personal checks, credit cards, HSA cards and cash are all accepted at time of visit.
Fortunately, tax laws have created new programs (such as Health Savings Accounts or other pre tax spending Medical accounts that may help you pay for your therapy, even if you pay out of pocket. These include Medical Savings Accounts and Pre-Tax Flexible Spending Medical Accounts. You can also deduct the cost of therapy from your taxes if you itemize since it is a medical expense. Ask your accountant or Benefits Administrator about this.
2. Out of Network insurance reimbursement ~ Most insurance companies will allow patients to choose an out of network provider. The typical reimbursement ranges between 20% to 60% of the session cost. Please be sure to contact your insurance provider to ask about their particular policy. If your insurance company will reimburse you for some of the session, Mary will provide you with a superbill after each session. This is like an invoice which contains all of the necessary information which you can submit to your insurance company for reimbursement. Payment for the session is made by you and Mary provides you with the superbill to submit to the insurance company.
3. In Network Insurance ~ Currently, only one of our therapists takes insurance, please contact us to find out more.
- United Behavioral Health (UBH)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Harvard Pilgrim Heath Care (HPHC)
It is important to remember that if you use insurance, your confidentiality and privacy cannot be guaranteed. For example, all psychotherapists are required to submit a mental health diagnosis upon meeting with a client. These diagnoses and session records become part of your permanent medical record. In some cases, these records can be requested by companies if you are applying for life insurance, medical insurance among other things. If you are using insurance, We are unable to guarantee 100% confidentiality and privacy.